Maybe for some people it may seem weird that one of the recipes I most wanted to learn is the lentils. Since childhood I love vegetables and legumes, so learn how to cook them is something essential. Recently “I did my first lentils”. And put it in quotes because it really was with my mother, she was telling me what to do. And last day I really wanted to eat them… and I got to do this! With the ingredients we had (despite not having tomato I made ir… my mother always use tomatoes).
Cooking them, I realized that they accept all the vegetables and in the quantities that you want but I am going to write how I did them. What is he best part? They are so good and you don’t need oil. They are super tasty and healthy.
VEGAN LENTILS (INGREDIENTS FOR TWO):
- 50gr pumpkin
- 1/2 leek
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 small potato
- a piece of zucchini
- a piece of eggplant
- 2 bay leaves
- paprika and salt
HOW TO DO IT:
- For each person two handfuls of lentils and one extra are cast by two (in my case él pardina variety). Total, 5 handfuls for our recipe for two people.
- We let the lentils in water about 3 hours. Being in soak reduces the cooking time.
- Once spent three hours drain them and put them in a pot (not done in pressure cooker) with a liter of water, one tablespoon of paprika, two bay leaves and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- While it starts to boil we are cutting vegetables and we will incorporate them as they are ready, without waiting. The order that I followed was the same as in the list of ingredients. The size may vary according to your tastes. In my case except the potato, carrot and onion, everything was cut into very small pieces.
- Let the lentils simmer boiling about 30/40 minutes. When they are tender and the vegetables have been rolled back, remove from heat and let stand.
- Add a handful of raw and ready-to-eat spinach to serve them!