Since I live in London, I’ve become a fan of blueberry cake loafs. But I struggled to find a healthy recipe that tastes super good. When I don’t use egg, it is easier for the cake to not be enough fixed. I have to keep learning a bit more about vegan bakery. But this recipe it was so good in flavor that it is worthy.
It is a variation of the traditional milk cake of my grandmother, sweet enough to take away the craving. If you do not have blueberries and you have another fruit in the fridge / freezer do not hesitate to change it! It is not necessary to use fresh blueberries. Deep-frozen foods are just as good and are cheaper. In addition they preserve all their properties.
- 250 grams of Flour: you can choose brown or white wheat flour.
- 2 tsp Baking Powder: if you do have baking Soda you can add 1/4 tsp of it..
- 4 tbsp of Sweetener: the best option is a homemade date sirup. But its not a lot os sugar you can choose agave, maple, brown or white sugar…
- 1 cup Oat Milk: or your favorite plant based milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil.
- Lemon zest: of one lemon.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Egg substitute: Mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seed + 6 tbsp of water. Whisk it in the water until it becomes gelatinous.
- 100 grams Blueberries: fresh or frozen (I used frozen for the recipe and fresh to decor).
- A pinch of Salt: to tasted.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C during the preparation of the sponge cake.
- Prepare the egg substitute.
- Mix in a large bowl all the dry ingredients and on the other hand the wet ones except the blueberries.
- Beat everything until it is well integrated and mix them.
- Add the cranberries and mix with a spoon carefully and the egg substitute.
- Grease a container and pour the mixture.
- 35 minutes baked and ready to enjoy!
Adaptada de la receta familiar de mi abuela