If I had to choose a meal for the rest of my life I would choose salad. Mixed salad, pasta, pumpkin, mushrooms salad… There are so many combinations of salad… as much as your imagination! But there is one ingredient that I always avoid in my salad: kale. In smoothies and as baked chips is ok, but I couldn’t eat it in salad until my flatmate show me this recipe.
The problem with the kale is that it is very hard. People recommend me dressing it up with lemon and carve to soften, and it works, but it still hard for me. My flatmate recommend to boiling it about 6-8 minutes (with a pinch of salt). Kale doesn’t look like spinach when you boiled it! So don’t be afraid to do it!
What else should I add in my Kale Salad?
- Kale: un bowl of kale boiled for 6-8 minutes.
- Pumpkin: chop into cubes and baked for 25 minutes with salt, pepper and extra virgen olive oil.
- Quinoa: you can start boiling the quinoa and then add more atterand the kale to boli everything in the same pot. Or just adding into a different one. You can also change quinoa for rice.
- Feta Cheese (vegan or not): is optional in case you don’t like the flavour but it matches with the taste of the salad. I added a vegan feta cheese (Violife) and its amazing. It tasted like the dairy feta.
- Beetroot: boiled or baked (you choose). If you don’t have time just buy the prepared one.
- Sweet Corn.
- Nuts: I chose walnut & cashews.
- Seed: I had a mix of seed ready to eat: sesame, pumpkin, ground flax seed and paper.
- Dressing: Extra Virgin olive oil with apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare each ingredient and mix it!! It’s ready to eat!!