How much payment you want to see on your trip to New York? That is the key question. CityPass and NewYorkPass are the same thing? How are they different? In this post I will tell you!
First of all tell you that it is better to buy it online before heading to our destination. You canget exclusive discounts and they send it us to email so it isn¡t necessary to pick it up!
1. CITY PASS: in advance I thought this is more suited to our trip and therefore that we buy. CityPass offers two different tickets.
- The first cost $122, and It is the most purchased. It gives you entrance to 6 tourist attractions. You have access to the American Museum of Natural History (which you can enter for a few dollars every day of the week with the Pay As You Wish that I explain below this post). It also includes the Empire State Building Experience and entrance to the MET (which you can enter also with the PAYW system). Then you have to choose between 3 attractions of a list. That includes the Top Of The Rock or Guggenheim Museum, Memorial 11S or statue of liberty, small cruise ship or the Museum of the Air.
- The second pass (C3) costs $74 and gives you access to 3 attractions free to choose between the 9 options that I named before. For me it is enough but if you don’t believe me read the section PAYW.
2. NEW YORK PASS: If you want to visit lots of attractions without being worry of a limit or that they are out of the list of CityPass, this is your bonus. The New York Pass includes unlimited access to all attractions and museums who have agreement with the company (90 attractions in all New York). You can choose from 1 day up to 10 unlimited pass, adjusting to your trip. Prices online range from $109 a day up to $329 for 10 days. If you are going to make a very cultural and touristic trip you can that Yes it worthwhile you.
3. WHAT IS PAY AS YOU WISH (PAYW)? There is a law in New York by which the public museums have to let you pay what you want for your entrance. In many museums entrance is rated at $20 or $25. I know that it’s a right pric, but for students and people with fewer resources is a very high price. What you decide to pay depends on each one. It is permitted therefore no one can deny your entry if you offer to pay only $1 for your ticket. We saw right in our economic situation to pay between 5 and 10 dollars per head.